Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sick in the South

I left my house at six this morning to begin the trip south to Orlando and Dallas.  I've been horribly sick since Monday night and thought I should probably wear a SARS mask.  Here's what you need to know.  

I drank two large green teas before even boarding the plane, which was a good indicator of continued liquid consumption throughout the day.  I'm now at over a dozen large green teas and two quarts of OJ.  Now that I'm back at the hotel, Gama says I can change those to hot toddys and screwdrivers.  We love Gama.  

I've showered 5 times today, plus the hour I spent doing laps in the warm pool at the spa.  I feel slightly OCD.

The lady I met with today gave me a box of sanitary wipes as I left the restaurant.  This has furthered my OCD as I wipe down everything I touch.  

I sound like a tranny.  It's bad enough to admit that, but when Woody emails me the voicemail I left him, I know it's really bad.  

Tomorrow I return with hopefully a clearer head and better news...off to bed with the New Yorker.  (okay, that's really multiple copies of The New Yorker.  I'm always behind, but there's a great David Sedaris story about his book tour...yeah, the one that Jeff and I spent 6 1/2 hours at.  Yikes!)

No comments: