Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Desert Botanical Garden + Chihuly Exhibit


Even though I get to go to a lot of cool places, I don't always get to see that much of the surrounding area, so I was really excited to hit the Desert Botanical Garden with one of the executives' wives on Monday to see the Dale Chihuly exhibit.  I've been amazed by his stuff since my first trip to Vegas when we walked through the Bellagio and I gave myself a stiff neck as we walked through the lobby.  Luckily, the lady that I went with to the garden was into photography, too, so she didn't mind my frequent stops to take photos.  

Chihuly exhibit = check
Botanical garden = half check...I've been so close to going to the Brooklyn one so many times, but looking at a bunch of cacti wasn't the same thing as I imagine they have in Brooklyn.  So that is still technically on my list :)

And if you want to read more about glass blowing, I learned a lot from the book, The City of Falling Angels.  It didn't live up to Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil, but it was still an enjoyable read.  Since I've already done my trip to Savannah to explore the sights of Midnight, I think a trip to Venice is in order!  









No comments: