Wednesday, January 14, 2009

08 Retrospective...Part 4

Hey blog, let’s keep this recap thing going, only one more day...which I should put up before the end of January.


Latarian Steals a Car - Oh, my favorite little (really) underage hoodrat. I just hope that life gets a little better for you, then I won’t feel so guilty about how much I loved that news report about you.


Two of my favorite people in another idiotic photo


The Boss in Jersey - I can still hear Perry yelling BRUUUUUCE! It was an ugly day in Jersey with violent winds and a cold rain ripping through the tailgate lots at Giants Stadium, but I made it to my first Bruce show with some of my favorite people. We managed to grab seats at the end of the row (don’t you dare yell at me Jody & Lauren) and some of us might have swayed during Rosalita...just not the ones we were predicting. Yay for seeing Bruce. Boo for my life turning upside down after the concert.


Wanting to Rescue Ryan Adams - I saw him at Lollapalooza a few years back and left slightly disappointed. Then he released Easy Tiger, which was just what I needed in 2007. Cardinology and his Halloween show just added to my recent love. We’re both insomniacs, he always seems troubled, I like to rescue people. We’d be great together. And he could write songs for me!


Peter Katis - You were just that producer whose wedding was the scene of The Boxer cover until I started looking at your site and realized that I love most of your work. And you live in Connecticut, too.


The Raveonettes - Hallucinations I probably would’ve never picked up Lust, Lust, Lust if my iPod hadn’t been at my friend’s in Union Square as I was leaving the city from the UWS. Thankfully, Jeff handed me this cd as I headed back to Connecticut and I first fell for the even numbered songs, before the entire album grew on me. I cannot get enough of Hallucinations and Dead Sound. (New Yorkers...they are playing at Webster Hall this Friday. I might skip a birthday party for them.)


A Certain Video - There’s a fabulous video that used to exist on a certain site on the internets, but that’s all that I can say. Whenever I was terribly upset, I would type in those two key words in the youtube and it would make the tears stop, for a little bit, anyway. Thankfully, I have downloaded it to my iPod. The rest of you will just have to imagine the goodness!


Two Nights in Austin - Ever since I wandered up to Seattle for two nights by myself between a vacation in San Fran with Jody and a work trip in Chicago, I’ve fully embraced vacations by myself. After the Woody Wedding, Eric dropped me in Austin for two nights before I had to be in Naples for work. I walked all over the town, met an interesting guy, tried absinthe and managed to wake up at 3:30 for my super early flight. Now to just get back there.



Lykke Li - Little Bit - The beat is irresistible. Luke---add it to the playlist.

No comments: