Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm Back from the Break

Who knew that an attempt to listen to more albums this year as a new year's resolution would turn into such a great stretch of music.  I started the year just diving into my record collection, listening to albums that I hadn't heard in a while.  Then I had a great weekend at the end of February that kicked off a season of concerts in the city.  

That Friday I had to dig my car out of a snow pile for a few hours in order to make it to Brooklyn to see The National.  I'd posted my extra ticket on Craigslist and ended up going with a drummer from Colorado who'd flown in that day.  Since then, I've fallen in love with his band, Everything Absent or Distorted and can't wait for their new album to come out this month.  The next night was a fantastic show by Dax Riggs in Hoboken for 50 people.  Many other bands filled the next months and it all ended at the end of July with Bon Iver's show in Williamsburg.  






I took a few months off to do some personal traveling before my work travel picked up, but returned to Williamsburg this weekend for my favorite Scottish band and will be posting pictures from that and more about the upcoming shows later this week.

No comments: