Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sidetracked! Fate Leads Me to Colbert Nation Headquarters



Fate in NYC has been a funny thing lately.  I just keep happening upon things that I have slight obsessions with, such as the Palazzo Chupi.  Sunday was no different as I'd been planning on parking in the West Village, actually near the Palazzo, but decided to get off in the Meat Packing District as I was going to end up in that wretched, slow-moving tourist trap that is Times Square later in the day.

Luckily, I got off and immediately found a wealth of parking spots on 54th...right in front of the Colbert Report!  Anyone who knows me well, knows that I have a fascination with Stephen Colbert.  The Canadian and I loved him on the Daily Show and have watched the Colbert Report since it's debut.   Although I will admit that we weren't sure what to make of it in the first week, but we were hooked by the second.  

My favorite Stephen--I can say that, my Dad and brother spell it with a v--recently ran another Green Screen Challenge, this time with a very somber and boring McCain speech entitled Project Make McCain Exciting.  Entrants were asked to liven it up.  Here's two of my favorites:  McCain in Vogue (Kelly, I think this is as close to Mandonna as the Republicans would ever get) and Pulp Fiction.  





No comments: