Friday, July 11, 2008

It's a City Weekend Again - Kicking it Off with No Age at the Seaport


The boats at the seaport better be ready for the sounds of L.A. tonight!

The weekend is almost here and we are excited!  I feel like I've been traveling for the last month and besides my dinner with Perry a few weekends back, I've hardly been in the city for the weekend to roam.  It's a half day tomorrow, as I work in sports and we don't believe in working past 1 on Fridays in the summer.  New roommate Evie likes to remind me that I have a fabulous life.  This is because she is a doctor and has horrible hours.  I have a fabulous life and make no money because of my industry, but I'm okay with this.  

My plans to be in the city by 2 might not work out so well, as I somehow ended up with a flat tire on my way to dinner in Greenwich tonight.  Thankfully, there was a nice guy who helped me, even though I wanted to show off my tire-changing skills that I acquired a few months ago when I lost one in North Greenwich.  

No Age and Abe Vigoda are playing the free show at South Street Seaport tomorrow and I plan on being there.  I'm a little nervous as the sound system was not good for the last show I saw there in August, but I get the feeling that its going to be a good show.  Pop Tarts Suck Toasted has been excited for the show all week and interviewed both bands.  

Saturday I plan on making my way to my first musical boyfriend David Byrne's installation at the the Battery Maritime Building.  I also have visions of making it to the waterfalls on the East River at some point, but I'm going to be realistic here.  There are lots of friends in the city that I would love to catch up with this weekend.  That night should find me at The Living Room or Rockwood Music Hall, although I'm leaning towards meeting some friends of Evie's at the latter, since AG will be no where to be found at The Living Room.

Happy weekend everyone.  We'll see where the next few days actually take us and keep your fingers crossed that I actually find a tire for my car tomorrow or else I'll just be at the beach by my house all weekend.  

No comments: