Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm Missing She & Him and MGMT in New York this weekend


My ND friends and I made plans to go see a certain corporate sounding man from New Jersey this weekend way back in January, so while I was excited to see that MGMT were playing the Pool Parties, I was definitely bummed to find out it was the same day as the Boss's show at Giants Stadium. And today I'm bartending a big horse shoe tourney at some oil tycoon's place in Connecticut, so no She & Him, but my roomie is heading to it.

She & Him's show at Terminal 5 has been sold out, I believe.

MGMT is playing the free McCarren Park Pool Parties (brought to you by JellyNYC) on Sunday with the Ting Tings & Black Moth Super Rainbow. I wish I could check it out, but they're a Brooklyn band, so I'll see them again. For now, I'll just have to throw some of their live tracks onto my tailgate mix for tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend and some of the mp3s below.

She & Him - Change is Hard (live)
MGMT - Destrokk


Love She & Him's video for Why Do You Let Me Stay Here

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I love MGMT! They're one of my new favorites!

Fizz Byers said...

I wish I lived near where cool bands played. Stupid south. www.popduds.com

The Matt and Dan Show said...

If you like MGMT but want something more than Oracular Spectacular. Then check out their Time To Pretend EP, there's a great track called INDIE ROKKERS, its awesome!


The Matt and Dan Show
http://www.myspace.com/themattanddanshow