Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wednesday's Field Trip: David Sedaris - B&N Union Square

I love this man. I can't help it.

I've been excited about When You Are Engulfed in Flames for the last month or so, but when I got an email today from Amy asking me to come to Philly for the weekend AND to see David Sedaris, my heart might have skipped a few ticks. I'm heading to Boston for a wedding on Saturday, but I knew that my favorite little writer had to be in New York within in the
week....and he's doing a reading/signing at Barnes & Noble in Union Square tomorrow at 7 pm!!

Ultra bonus if he brings along The Rooster! When I went to a signing by The Sports Guy, he brought along his dad, so I think all authors bring their favorite supporting cast family members to their signings.

Apparently, people don't typically come behind the table for photos with The SG. The Jessi might have slightly scared him.

Thankfully, I haven't had too much time to ponder this, unlike that time FBF, Amy and I had dinner with Bernie Taupin's wife in Santa Monica and there was a chance that he would show up. There was lots of pressure that time to come up with my list of the Top Five Bernie/Elton Songs of All Time. Since then, I've grown accustomed to celebrities (See Jessi Knows Famous People). And since I handled the Matt Berninger encounter so well, I know that I will do just fine tomorrow.

(Note to Kelly: You know that you will still get a very excited phone call tomorrow night. Since I am your most exciting friend, you should expect this and be ecstatic that you're the first I call.)

And since you'll probably ask, my Top Five Bernie/Elton Songs of All Time off the top of my head late at night are:
-Madman Across the Water
-Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me (with George Michael!)
-Bennie & the Jets (it's the ringtone for when my sister calls)
-I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues
-Your Song (Even if Kevin has tried to ruin it so many times, but thankfully not while staring into a mirror)

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Glad to see you're not hiding the cleavage!