Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Upcoming Show: 6 Day Bender @ Knitting Factory

While I was catching up on my sleep last Friday, Charlottesville band 6 Day Bender ventured north to play their first show in Asbury Park. The 4 guys continue to spread their blend of mountain rock to New York's Knitting Factory over Memorial Day weekend (5.24 at 9 pm) and to Cafe 9 in New Haven the following week (5.29 at 8 pm).

Their self-titled debut was released in April and makes me feel like I'm back in Athens, listening to Catfish and Junebug inspired rustic jams. And for some reason I want to have a chili cook-off.

Check out the song, Wartime, from their new cd below and video footage from their Asbury Park set will be coming...

6 Day Bender - Wartime (mp3)

(Note to Nick Brown: maybe you should tell your roommates about the New Haven show...but they haven't reached The National status in my book yet.)

No comments: