Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sasquatch Saturday Mix

Of all the festival lineups this year, nothing excited me more than the one for Sasquatch. As soon as it was released, Brett and I talked of heading to Seattle and dressing like Mel and Murray from Flight (don't even get us started on being shut out of the Town Hall show). But since Seattle is on the other side of the country and I used my last free flight to get Woody to New York for Texas Independence, we're bringing the Gorge to my backyard with the music from our favorite bands, food on the grill and drinks in hand.

Saturday is by far my favorite band day and would've had me at the main stage for most of the time, leaving only to catch Joshua Morrison at the Yeti Stage (hey-o! it's my second Eric reference this week) and Okkervill River at the Wookie Stage. Thankfully, I'm already seeing Dead Confederate later this week, so I wouldn't feel too guilty about missing that one.

Sasquatch Saturday Mix
Fleet Foxes - Mykonos
Beirut - Nantes (Black Session)
Throw Me the Statue - Yucatan Gold
Joshua Morrison - Westport
The National - Abel (Live at the Southstreet Seaport)
Okkervil River - Unless It's Kicks
Modest Mouse - One Chance
R.E.M. - Nightswimming
(Links removed after three days--if you like this sort of music, subscribe to the blog for future songs...and if you're really heartbroken, email me.)

No comments: