Friday, May 23, 2008

Playing Tonight in Chicago: Flatbed Orange

Flatbed Orange will be playing tonight at Elbo Room in Chicago with an eclectic lineup of afro-centric, reggae and indie bands.
This is exciting for a few reasons:
1. Our friends know the lead singer, Nick Barbone, and we love nepotism
2. This might bring about our first guest column by one of my favorite people. I often think that Kelly and I were separated at birth, even though our birthdays are a year and a half apart

Our friends checked them out a few weeks ago and I haven't heard such a bewildered reaction since we were discussing a Cloud Cult concert during St. Patty's Day weekend, so I can't wait to hear what it's like from Kel. If she and I had iPhones, we'd be live blogging the event, but we don't. So she'll be texting me and I'll be enjoying the updates from some patio with a drink in my hand on this fine May evening. Summer is in the air and I could not be happier.

Listen:
Flatbed Orange - Sins of My Father.mp3
Flatbed Orange - River Runs Dry.mp3

No comments: