Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Frightened Rabbit's Midnight Organ Fight + Show at Pianos on 5.27

I have been in love with this band since I heard Good Arms vs. Bad Arms on KEXP a few weeks ago. The Midnight Organ Fight is a fantastic sophomore effort from these Scots that chronicles the breakup of lead singer Scott Hutchison's long-term relationship. I haven't been able to stop listening to the album over the last few days, as it goes from my house, to my car, to the office and back. The songs meld into each other and suddenly I'm starting the cd all over again.

I've been going back and forth on who they remind me of/influences, so I'm keeping my mouth shut for a few days...I'll have plenty more to say about this band once I get some sleep.
Glaswegian blog, The Pop Cop, has a great interview with Scott that goes into the meaning/inspiration behind each song. His lyrics are absolutely brilliant.

Show Next Week:
Frightened Rabbit is playing Pianos next Tuesday 5.27 with The Brother Kite at 10. Liberated Matter is hosting their Tuesday night Cross Pollination show at 8 with Chief and Hearts & Numbers.

Listen:
Frightened Rabbit - The Twist.mp3
Frightened Rabbit - Keep Yourself Warm.mp3
Frightened Rabbit - Backwards Walk.mp3
Frightened Rabbit - Modern Leper.mp3

And yes, I chose that picture because it reminds me of the game room of the castle where we spent the day on the shores of the North Sea outside of Aberdeen in Scotland.

I also need to know which football team they support--I've got my fingers crossed that it's Celtic.

No comments: