Monday, April 28, 2008

The Purple One Covers Radiohead's Creep at Coachella + Bonus George Harrison Cover

The Purple One covers Radiohead's Creep at Coachella. Only he takes it from the first person perspective to the second person, changing it from I'm a Creep to You're a Creep. I don't care. I still love it.



Speaking of Prince covers, he blew my mind the first time I saw this performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps in a tribute to George Harrison. There was a confused backlash the day after the performance, as Prince just goes nuts on the solo and you can see that Petty wants to keep singing but doesn't know what to do. It's amazing.

Audio Files for both at the end.



After a Saturday night full of Radiohead and Prince references, this made me smile for a multitude of reasons as I watch at 4 am. (And after watching both videos, I said to myself, I know why Carmen and Apollonia would wait fully made up for the Purple One. These are things a girl should never admit to, dammit.)

Enjoy!
Prince - Creep - Live at Coachella.mp3
Prince - While My Guitar Gently Weeps.mp3

No comments: