Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Constantines + Feist - Islands in the Stream

I can't get enough of this song. I was quite skeptical when I first read about it, but the streaming audio tab has been open in Firefox for 3 days now and I continue to hit play. It's so beautiful in its simplicity.

When I was five, my Grandma (or Gama as I now call her) constantly declared a love for Kenny Rogers, which she later came to regret when the news hit about his 900 numbers (and, yes, she was very much over him even before seeing pictures of the plastic surgery). For Christmas that year, she wanted Santa to bring her Kenny Rogers in his sack, but he just brought her some cowboy boots.

This song me back to all those memories and I think Dolly and Gama would both approve of this rendition.

(Thank you Canada, once again.)

No comments: