Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Raconteurs to Release Consolers of the Lonely next week!

I have been dancing in my bed for the last half hour since learning that The Raconteurs are releasing an album next Tuesday. I would've been even more excited if it was like the Ghost release and I woke up to find that it was there like Christmas, but I think I can handle a week's wait.

Consolers of the Lonely will have 14 tracks and I love the band for not allowing any bonus tracks or special releases--I hate those bloody record label tricks. It's coming out on vinyl, cd, mp3 on their website, amazon, iTunes and mobile for those kids in Japan who are way ahead of us digitally.
The dancing in bed and Woos! keep coming from this girl. (Note to The Warners: I keep making the excited yelping that our poker playing Canadian friend made on that crazy night in Vegas!) I just called my brother who shares my love for the band and it made his day, too. I've loved Broken Boy Soldier since it was released and continue to include it in my recommendations to people, even if it came out 2 years ago.

Their tour dates are up on the site and they won't be making it to the east coast area, which has me dreaming of flying to see them in Austin or New Orleans for the Jazz & Heritage Festival and definitely skipping Symposium that weekend. (Note to Athens: You know I love you, I just am not feeling it this year. Maybe I'm still feeling the effects of our time together in November. Dammit Woody!)

Concert clips from their set of Lollapalooza will be going up whenever I finally get home this week. They were definitely in our top 5 bands from the weekend and their cover of Crazy was better than Gnarls Barkley's real version.

No comments: