Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Jessi's Reading 2-26

Here's some of what I've been reading over the last few days...

Photos from The National & My Brightest Diamond at BAM

The Hold Steady are finalizing their next album

An interview with the Flight of the Conchords
Reasons Why I love this Interview:
  1. They met in a drama club when they were divided into groups and had to do a performance about body image issues. I like to think this was the inspiration for the David Bowie episode.
  2. They actually said fan base in the article and weren't talking about Mel.
  3. Yes is transcribed as Yis, when the Kiwis say it.
  4. I have a huge crush on Bret.
(Note to Eric, I think you might be staring in this video:


Speaking of Flight, the boys are playing at Sasquatch this May, which is causing some of us to seriously consider flying to the Gorge and dressing as Flight characters for their set.

Business Week talks about Trader Joe's Recipe for Success. Until I read this article, I didn't realize how similar Trader Joe's interior design was to the Official Small World/Maze Mash-up of Grocery Stores, Stew Leonard's. (Note to Stew's: Your samples were AWFUL today and you didn't have any lobster bisque for me!)

Slate discusses Neutral Milk Hotel's album In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, which some have named the best album of the 90s. I had no idea about this album, which made me feel like an inadequate indie fan. This is definitely on the download list.

I'm having serious MacBook envy and am taking the apple email that the macs now have more memory as a sign to buy.

The Blue has a post about a photographer's trek to the Joshua Tree National Park to take photos of the locations from the Joshua Tree album. The rest of his site has some great photography, too.

It's acceptable for women to propose marriage on Leap Year Day.

MRI images of people in the act (you know, doing it). I sent this to Kiks, which should entertain all of you.

Slate looks into the online models of democracy, Wikipedia and Digg and shows that the information is disseminated by the few. In fact, the percentages quite resemble the distribution of power and money in the United States

No comments: